Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Licensed Practical Nurse to work at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA. This opportunity offers excellent stability, great compensation and a great work environment serving a patient population of Service members and their families.
For more information, please contact Brian Rodino at 407-381-7738 or through email at email@example.com
- Skills in EKG, Venipuncture, Injections, Patient Education, Emergency Response Training for Code
Scope of Work:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse provides clinical support and assists physicians and nurses as needed. Duties include, but are not limited to: initial patient intake, obtaining and documenting vital signs, performing EKG' s, preparation of patient for examination, administration of vaccines, administration of allergy injections and assistance with various treatments and procedures. All abnormal results will be reported to the provider or RN immediately.
- Must be knowledgeable of and practice standard precautions in all patient contacts, including infection control. Reusable medical equipment will be cleaned and stored according to facility policy.
Collects, labels, and processes a variety of specimens (drawing blood by means of venipuncture, obtaining urine and other specimens) as necessary.
- Must be proficient to perform a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures (electrocardiograms, glucose monitoring, dressing changes, bladder scans, oxygen administration, urinary catheterization, suture removal), and routine lab tests as necessary.
Maintains examination rooms with medical supplies and forms. Supplies are ordered from SPD as needed. Ensures that equipment is checked for proper functioning prior to use each day. Assesses rooms at the end of clinic and removes patient identifiers.
- Prepares and administers medications, performs allergy injections and administers vaccines correctly fully understanding the action and side effects of all medications administered. Observes for changes in patient' s condition from prescribed medications/treatments, promptly and accurately documenting noted changes, and reports any deviations from normal to provider or RN.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian.