2316 E Meyer Blvd
Post Date: 12/05/2017
Job ID: 66476
Loyal Source is hiring a Director of Surgical Services for one of our clients in Kansas City, MO. This is a Full-time Days/ No Weekends position.
The Director Surgical Services Department leads the preoperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations and has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
For more information, send your resume to Meagyn Denoncour at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-902-2107.
- Bachelor' s degree Required
- Master' s degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing Required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role Preferred Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation Required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM)
- Competitive Pay
- Full benefits including tuition reimbursement and PTO.
- Possible sign on bonus and relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders.
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department' s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy.
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting Finance.
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization' s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve Community.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the " Code of Conduct" philosophy and " Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing other duties as assigned