Loyal Source is looking for an Electrical Designer for an engineering firm in Orlando, FL. With projects ranging from multifamily and hospitality to retail and industrial, our client provides specialized engineering services in the areas in the areas of Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing.
About the Company
Client-centric engineering firm dedicated to excellence. The company maintains an ongoing dialogue for optimal project management, and relies on decades of skill and experience in the field for unparalleled end results. Whether working for an end-user client or an architectural firm, this approach adds up to a strikingly unique outcome – exceptional product and gratifying experience.
About the position
- Seeking an Electrical Designer to work as part of a team on large building electrical infrastructure projects.
- Prepare design drawings using electronic methods and maintaining high quality standards
- Responsible for preparing construction drawings, which typically consists of power distribution design, fire alarm design, interior lighting design, site lighting design, electrical service and utility design, load calculations, voltage drop and energy code analysis
- Produce detailed layout and equipment details of power distribution systems
- Produce one-line diagrams/schematics
- Prepare electrical equipment and conduit system layout diagrams
- Ensure that all drawings are prepared with accuracy, neatness and speed
- Communicate with team members, other disciplines and outside vendors to obtain necessary information for drawings
- Assist the design team in the process of assembling organized sets of drawings
- May assist in the data collection and/or field verification, and
Work in conjunction with principal designers and engineers to help develop all aspects of a project.
- 5+ years of experience in design and drafting of electrical systems for commercial buildings
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD
- C4R (Collaboration for Revit) experience a plus, Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- General working knowledge of building electrical systems
- Experience with sizing electrical system components and specifying electrical equipment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a part of a team
- Solid knowledge of Building Codes, NFPA, National Electric Code, IEEE, related energy codes, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
For more information and to apply, please contact Lindsey Wolf at 407-868-8974 or send your resume to email@example.com