Loyal Source is looking for a Electrical Designer in Orlando, FL.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- Leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, the company provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges.
- Over 400 employees working in multiple locations across the US
50 years in business
- Environment that encourages individuals to pursue their hobbies and personal interests by promoting a healthy balance between life and work.
- Benefit options including: Medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Electrical Designer prepares design drawings using industry software and maintains high quality standards, maintains communication with team members and clients, and performs on-site observations as needed. Assists in the organizing and maintenance of all completed design drawings and documents.
For more information and to apply, please contact Lindsey Wolf at 407-868-8974 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processes drawings received from the architect into models that can be used by the design team
- Prepares electronic drawings with accuracy, neatness, and efficiency using industry software
- Implements design requirements as related by design team
- Performs system design layout and sizing for assigned projects
- Attends project update meetings with both clients and team members
- Performs collision changes in Navisworks as collisions are identified by the design team
- Visually reviews plans for defects in design work
- Learns how to plan work and perform tasks in accordance with the budget by quantifying the amount of time and effort necessary to complete tasks
- Communicates with team members, project managers, other disciplines, and outside vendors to obtain necessary information on drawings
- Assists the design team in the process of putting a set of drawings into an organized package
- Learns to interpret drawings of all types of building systems
- Assists with the upkeep of project design and construction files
Maintains a continued focus on the latest code requirements, design software, and other industry trends
- May assist in data collection and/or field verification
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two-year technical degree in an applicable discipline plus one-year applicable experience OR three years applicable drafting experience
Capable of reading and interpreting plans from other disciplines (i.e., architectural, structural, civil, plumbing, electrical, mechanical)
- Must have Revit experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of construction terminology
- Must have time-management skills
- Must have organization skills
- General knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies