Atlanta and Orlando
Loyal Source has partnered with an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction and consulting services firm to fill multiple Electrical Engineer positions in Orlando and Atlanta.
About the Company
- In business for over 100 years, the company is 100% employee-owned.
- With regional and project offices nationwide, the company designs, constructs and manages projects all over the world.
- FORTUNE magazine’ s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
About the Position
- Responsible for performing substation engineering services on various projects (from 69 up to 765 kV voltage level).
- Prepare electrical protection and control design deliverables for high and extra high voltage substations (HV and EHV).
Assignments may include:
- Design substations utilizing client standards including bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and details, grounding, ground grid, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC and DC power systems, and cable lists.
- Prepare calculations and equipment specifications.
- Prepare new and modifies existing relay drawings including relay panel arrangements, single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring, and relay panel wiring.
- Executes complex assignments requiring the use of advanced techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods.
- May develop and evaluate plans for major projects.
- May assess feasibility or soundness of proposed applications when data is insufficient or testing is advisable.
- May coordinate departmental or divisional project studies, reports or project design assignments. Progressive design and project management responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Some marketing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in electrical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 3 years related experience (completion of master' s degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Completion of FE exam.
For more information and to apply, please contact Mary Varouh via email at email@example.com