Loyal Source is looking for a Nurse Manager - Oncology in Oklahoma City, OK.
Responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, efficient, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include but not limited to outpatients, in-patients, all operating room suites and surrounding areas, all support staff, surgery scheduling, nurse station, infection prevention, anesthesia, sterilization processes, x-ray and laser usage in the OR, safety of everyone entering the OR area during all shifts and overall assurance of education, communication and research. Assist with editing and development of policies and procedures for the Surgical Services Department on a regular basis.
- Oversees processes and personnel of Surgical Service charge audits and surgery scheduling staff.
- Coordinate the effective and efficient flow of operations by maintaining liaison with nursing staff, surgeons, anesthesia, PACU, supervisors, SPD, Infection Control, facilities, Biomed, Clinical Informatics, and other relevant department managers, supervisors and directors throughout the facility.
- Assist with preparation and oversight for call roster, assure proper staffing for call schedule is maintained at all times in accordance with Level I Trauma requirements. Sign off as approver for each roster.
- Ensure that incidents are logged, reported on and followed through in a timely manner.
- Check changes to staffing, operations and patient bed allocation and communicate accordingly.
- Facilitate the reporting of any maintenance or service of equipment and instrumentation as required.
- Assist OR Director with monthly statistical reports and possesses ability to verbalize cause of variances and takes action to correct and or maintain as needed.
- Functions as a resource for providing various statistics and reports for projects.
- Supports and contributes to Quality Improvement efforts.
- Conduct job interviews as required.
- Serves as a resource to Surgical Service personnel in regard to nursing functions and information systems.
- Assist nursing staff in maintaining physician preference cards as necessary for operating rooms.
- Facilitate the maintenance of a safe clinical environment that is therapeutic for patients care and sensitive to other staff needs
- Ensure and facilitate infection control guidelines and standards are adhered to and monitored.
- Identify needs of the patients in all facets of the Operating Suite Management.
- Ensure clinical competencies of staff are up to date. Discuss and initiate professional development as required, along with disciplinary action according to policy.
- Communicate regularly and in multiple formats with staff regarding processes, staffing, policy, procedure, education opportunities, general hospital events, etc.
- Ensures staff education needs are met by using appropriate teaching methods for training related to patient care documentation and use of information systems communicating all with Surgical Services Educator.
- Provides technical advice and direction to management and staff.
Ability to give clear concise instructions.
- Under limited direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure safe, quality surgical care to each patient.
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Experience: Minimum five (5) years experience as an RN in an acute care operating room setting
- Certifications/Registrations Required: Current licensure from the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. BLS-Healthcare Provider, CNOR preferred or willingness to work toward.
For more information, please contact Meagyn Denoncour at 407-902-2107 email@example.com.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.