Lake Buena Vista,
Job Number: 80135
Loyal Source is representing a highly successful Electrical Construction Contractor who’ s seeking a Purchasing Manager in Orlando, FL.
About the Company
Family owned and operated, our client has been the leader in electrical construction for central Florida for over 30 years. They continue to grow their business by providing highly skilled services to an expanding client base.
For more information on this and other Engineering opportunities, please contact Lindsey Wolf at 407-868-8974 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Position:
The Purchasing Manager is to direct all activities of the Purchasing Department, taking the proper steps to ensure that company is provided material and services at the most cost-effective level with appropriate consideration given to delivery schedules, quality, overhead, project requirements and customer satisfaction while protecting the company’ s assets and corporate integrity.
- Accountable for all activities of the Purchasing Department.
- Process material purchase orders, change orders, returns and credits.
- Purchase daily material as requested by the Foremen and Project Managers.
- Assist Project Managers with project “ buy outs”.
- Assist Project Teams with development of Submittals.
- Update material pricing for the Accubid estimating program.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates as required.
- Negotiate material and package pricing for estimates and/or project execution.
- Maintain Vendor relationships that enhance and protect the Corporation’ s position, while working within both the Company’ s policies and the current legal standards.
- Monitor Vendor performance to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Work with Vendors and Accounts Payable group to resolve invoice, purchase order, change order or credit issues.
- Establish and maintain competitive pricing levels and payment terms with Vendors.
- Negotiate pricing for capital expenditures in collaboration with the Executive Vice President.
- Negotiate lease packages in collaboration with the Executive Vice President.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration.
- Minimum of two years of experience in electrical distributor sales
- Minimum five years of experience in an electrical contractor purchasing agent position.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology utilized by company.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong, in depth, working knowledge of electrical materials
- Good delegation skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Mathematical and analytical skills