Job Number: 74295
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for qualified Part Time and Full Time Nurse Practitioners to work in Homestead, FL.
For more information please contact Joshua Villa at 407-243-6394 or send a resume to email@example.com.
- Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant school
- Unrestricted license in the state of Florida
- Fluent in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write)
- Minimum of three years clinical experience as a PA/NP working in pediatrics or adolescent medicine
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of basic word processing programs and the
- Current national certification in specialty area such as NCCPA, AANP or ANCC
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 3 years of experience in emergency medicine (preferred)
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- The PA/NP supports the Shelter medical functions and will treat children within these settings.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physicals of children
- Performs standard medical care for all children such as: Intake assessment of health status, Initial Medical Examination (IME), disease diagnosis, plan of care development, treatment modalities, monitoring, request necessary tests and evaluation of children’ s health status.
- Conducts rounds and refers children as needed to a specialist or hospital ER
- Screens for tuberculosis, pregnancy and other contagious disease
- Recommends appropriate isolation as needed to protect health of child and others
- Oversees or administers vaccinations
- Interpretation and analyze laboratory results sign results enter into database
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities for children as needed
- Facilitates the children’ s transition within and between health care settings (e.g. Observation, Isolation, Intake, and/or Daily Living)
- Coordinates with Pharmacist as needed
- Assists with coordination of local hospitals to determine local capabilities, coordinate transfer to higher level of acuity care, stabilization, monitoring and arrange final disposition of children.
- Documents accurately in medical records, medication administration record, SharePoint, and other databases according to training guidelines
- Receives / renders shift report to outgoing / incoming shift
- Serves as a resource to the medical personnel
- Educates children on disease process, medication regimen, and healthy lifestyle choices
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.