Job Number: 74264
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for qualified Part Time and Full Time Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) to work in Homestead, FL.
For more information please contact Joshua Villa at 407-243-6394 or send a resume to email@example.com.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for assisting with nursing services for a children’ s residential facility. Responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse (RN) in the assessment, intake and daily medical needs of the children during their stay at the facility. LVN may be assigned to deliver care in a setting such as: Intake and Assessment, Triage Clinic, Immunization, Medication, QA/QC, Sick Call, TAR, UAC-Portal. Reports to the RN or Charge Nurse.
- Active and unrestricted LVN License
- 1 year of experience with pediatrics and adolescent medicine
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CA/N) or child protective services check.
- Clean criminal background check
- 1 year of experience in a residential facility
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with routine and daily medical needs of the children
- Refers children to site physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner as needed for medical care and assists with transfers to a specialist or hospital
- Refers children deemed at risk of harm to self or others to site mental health professional
- Maintains medical case file with appropriate documentation in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assists with the operation of the medical clinic
- Works closely with case managers and mental health providers
- Provides group education on various safety and disease prevention topics to children
- Ensures proper plan of care is implemented
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals.
- Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork and computer work
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of staff activities
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, and winds)
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.