2401 E Street NW, Rm. L101
Post Date: 04/10/2018
Job ID: 71365
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Cardiologist (part - time)?to work with the Department of State' s bureau of Medical Services in Washington DC as a civilian promoting and restoring patients’ health.
The Department of State' s bureau of Medical Services manages a worldwide health care network providing medical services for federal employees and their families serving domestically and abroad within the State Department and other Foreign Affairs Agencies. MED is comprised of a central office located in Washington DC (MED/WASH) and Health Units (Hus) located at over 200 U.S. diplomatic missions in 170 countries.
Our employees are our greatest asset! Benefits to working with Loyal Source include but are not limited to:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health and welfare benefits
For more information please contact Justin LaMacchia at 407-591-3113 or at email@example.com
The contractor helps provide the Department of State with Cardiologic services among the US government workforce and family members serving overseas. The service requirements are as follows:
- Provides consultation with cardiac examination of patients, monitoring and interpreting stress testing examinations, interpreting electrocardiograms and echocardiograms, and rendering professional medical judgment on patients seen in the Cardiology unit of the Office of Medical Services. Assists with the planning, development, and operation of special cardiology projects.
- Prepares reports of findings. Completed reports become property of the Department of State.
- Provides telephone consultation regarding urgent or emergency situations of patients overseas and Medevacs (medical evacuations).
The Cardiologist shall possess the following minimum education and certification:
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy or equivalent degree from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body.
- Doctor of Medicine degree or equivalency degree from a foreign medical school that provides educational and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Medical
- Graduates or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed primary education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country.
The Cardiolgist shall possess the following minimum skills and expereieince:
- Must be licensed to practice in the United States and must have current board certification in Cardiology and Internal Medicine.
- Must have an unrestricted current valid license to practice medicine from any of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Must have a minimum of five years of post/fellowship residency clinical experience as a cardiologist.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.