480 Central Ave
Post Date: 04/24/2018
Job ID: 71932
Industry: Allied / Clinical
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Certified Medical Assistant to work at a Family Practice Clinic in Makalapa, Hawaii as a civilian contractor with the United States Navy. Working for Loyal Source gives you the ability to work for the FASTEST growing provider of clinical services for the United States Government.This opportunity is working in a Government facility.
For more information please contact Clayton Holmes at 407-455-5708 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BLS card card through American Heart Association
- Certification as CMA through AMT (RMA) or AAMA, or NCMA
- Be a graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by CAAHEP, ABHES, ACCSC, ACCET, COE, or NCCT
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
- Obtain patient' s medical record following appropriate procedures.
- Check patient' s vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered, to include EKGs, urine dip sticks, phlebotomy, etc.
- Check each chart for the provider' s signature, stamp, and each patient' s diagnosis prior to returning the chart to Health Records.
- After a physician has verified the medicine and dosage, the HCW shall administer medication to patients.
- Maintain exam room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of exam rooms, to include dusting, cleaning wash basins, etc.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released.
- Assist with patient flow and give direct patient care as directed.
- Operate the following medical equipment, as directed, such as Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor, Hand Held Nebulizer, EKG Machine (12 lead), Electronic Thermometer, IV infusion pump (Set-up only), Tynpanometer.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.