480 Central Ave
Post Date: 11/30/2017
Job ID: 66385
Industry: Allied / Clinical
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Certified Medical Assistant to work as a civilian contractor with the United States Navy at the naval Health Clinic in Kanehoe, Hawaii.
For more information please contact Jose Perilla at 407-930-8529 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BLS card card through American Heart Association
- Certification as CMA through AAMA OR RMA through AMT
- Graduation from a CMA program accredited by CAAHEP or ABHES)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities.
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and reporting.
- Obtain patient' s medical record following appropriate procedures.
- Check patient' s vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Obtain and document patient' s current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct Standard Form before patient is in the exam room.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered, to include EKGs, urine dip sticks, phlebotomy, etc.
- Transport patients to other clinical areas as needed.
- Check each chart for the provider' s signature, stamp, and each patient' s diagnosis prior to returning the chart to Health Records.
- After a physician has verified the medicine and dosage, the HCW shall administer medication to patients.
- Maintain exam room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of exam rooms, to include dusting, cleaning wash basins, etc.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released.
- Assist with patient flow and give direct patient care as directed.
- Operate the following medical equipment, as directed, such as Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor, Hand Held Nebulizer, EKG Machine (12 lead), Electronic Thermometer, IV infusion pump (Set-up only), Tynpanometer.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian.