2401 E Street NW, Rm. L101
Post Date: 04/10/2018
Job ID: 71373
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Child Psychiatrist to work with the Department of State' s bureau of Medical Services in Washington DC as a civilian promoting and restoring patients’ health. The Department of State' s bureau of Medical Services manages a worldwide health care network providing medical services for federal employees and their families serving domestically and abroad within the State Department and other Foreign Affairs Agencies. MED is comprised of a central office located in Washington DC (MED/WASH) and Health Units (Hus) located at over 200 U.S. diplomatic missions in 170 countries.
Our employees are our greatest asset! Benefits to working with Loyal Source include but are not limited to:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health and welfare benefits
For more information please contact Justin LaMacchia at 407-591-3113 or at email@example.com
The service requirements are as follows:
- Conduct intensive case reviews for and rendering recommendations about Foreign Service personnel to assist with treatment and medical clearance decisions.
- In conjunction with other staff members, support employees and family members evacuated for psychiatric illness; monitor care and treatment. S/he also works with a clinical team to facilitate local care referrals for child mental health care.
- Work closely with the Child & Family Program Team Leader to assess eligibility for access to the Special Needs Educational Allowances (SNEA) which provides funding and oversight of educational services utilized by dependent children with special educational needs overseas.
- Be engaged in a multi-disciplinary team approach to cases which may include video conferencing with patients and providers overseas, documentation and upkeep of medical records/database, and clinical supervision of other mental health professionals.
- Liaise with other departments and agencies to educate them about State programs for children via public speaking, video conferencing, or review of written materials that may be distributed to employees and families.
- Maintain existing databases.
- Contribute to the development of short and long term goals and programming for the Child and Family Program.
The Child Psychiatrist shall possess the following minimum education and certification:
- Must be a physician who has completed a residency in Psychiatry and fellowship in Child Psychiatry. S/he must have completed at least 5 years of post-fellowship experience and be board certified in Adult and Child psychiatry.
The Child Psychiatrist shall possess the following minimum skills and experience:
- Extensive background in performing psychiatric evaluations of children, adolescents, teens and adults.
- Strong ability to manage emergency situations and seek assistance as appropriate.
- High degree of clinical mental health care management expertise
- High level management skills to plan, develop, analyze and coordinate activities
- Through understanding of the Department and the rigors of Foreign Service life.
- Ability to work and communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, using tact and finesse
- Ability to meet and deal with all levels of personnel both in and outside of DOS
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Knowledge of the techniques, principles, and practices of public speaking
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.