Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 73910
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for Clinical Counselors to work 40 miles from El Paso at the Tornillo Youth Shelter and provide direct line of sight supervision of children. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shifts available.
Send your resume to email@example.com
The Clinical Counselor is responsible for providing the clinical counseling services to an assigned caseload at an on-site children’ s residential facility. Functions as the liaison with other Clinical Counselors and Case Management and any other onsite vendors. This position is responsible for ensuring contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility. Reports to the Lead Licensed Clinical Counselor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all contract policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Conducts and documents mental health assessments for all children in care as well as provide ongoing individual and group counseling in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Screens for human trafficking concerns.
- Provides crisis Intervention.
- Ensures quality care for all children and timely response to their needs, including crisis intervention.
- Provides weekly counseling to assigned caseload.
- Provides group therapy/community group meetings.
- Coordinates caseload with assigned case managers and lead case managers.
- Provides reports needed to a supervisor.
- Attends internal and external meetings.
- Maintains the UAC case file and database in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Follows up on all Significant Incident Reports (SIRs).
- Other duties as assigned by department head.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Bachelor’ s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science plus five (5) years of clinical employment experience in this area.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel as needed.
- Excellent presentation skills as well as oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with computer, common office equipment, and MS Office products required.
- Clean criminal background check and drug screen.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Master’ s degree in social work (MSW), psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science in which clinical experience is a program requirement.
- 1 years of clinical experience with adolescents.
- Licensed in any Clinical Counseling field or license eligible.
- Experience with the assessment of trauma, abuse or human trafficking.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Ensures the safety and security of all UAC and the safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of work and responsibility.
- Assists in the active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, heat, lightning, and winds)
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.