2401 E Street NW, Rm. L101
Post Date: 04/10/2018
Job ID: 71357
Industry: Allied / Clinical
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Epidemiologist to work at the Bureau of Medical Services as a civilian promoting and restoring patients’ health.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
1. Competitive pay
2. Paid time off and holidays
3. Health and welfare benefits
4. Any State License is acceptable
For more information, please contact Justin LaMacchia at 407-591-3113, or send a resume to email@example.com.
- Implement and maintains public health information collection analysis among patients serving in posts with zika transmission for the Department of State’ s Bureau of Medical Services (MED).
- Is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of epidemiologic data systems and will utilize data collection and surveillance systems currently in use or under consideration by MED.
- Conducts appropriate epidemiologic studies on zika or other public health conditions affects DOS employees and their families.
- Provides appropriate consultation as requested and interfaces with the CDC, the Peace Corps, PAHO, WHO, and other public health organizations and with other bureaus within the Department of State.
- Develop geospatial maps visualizing data collected from disease surveillance activities.
- Must have an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) in epidemiology, public health or a related field or a bachelor’ s degree in public health from an accredited College or University approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant’ s graduation. Training must include epidemiology, biostatistics, and surveillance systems.
- At least three years’ experience in Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases clinical practice and certification in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Traveler’ s Health by the American Society of Tropical Medicine are also required.
- Post graduate training in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics followed by fellowship training and board certification in Infectious Diseases are required.
- Knowledge of appropriate methods to analyze health-related data. And the ability to initiate an epidemiologic evaluation of a disease outbreak.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions