Job Number: 74776
Loyal Source is currently hiring a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for The Veterans Affairs Healthcare System in Pittsburgh, PA to work as a civilian.
Address: University Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15240
This opportunity offers excellent stability, great compensation and a great work environment serving a patient population of Service members and their families.
For more information please contact Maria Perez at 407-455-5698 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have, as a minimum, a current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) certificate from an accredited national, state or military trained equivalent school.
- ANY State License.
- Shall have provided LPN services in the specialty clinical service area for at least 12 months within the past 36 months.
- Current BLS card.
- Must Have flu and shot experience.
Scope of Work:
- Serves as a practical nurse performing patient care and nursing administrative duties for outpatients in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic procedures; sets up procedure room and equipment; provides individualized patient teaching on a preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications by oral, sublingual, intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous, topical, dermal and inhalation routes.
- Prepares and positions patient for examinations and treatments.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed. Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian.