2900 Hartley Road
Job Number: 74786
Loyal Source is hiring a Mechanical Engineering Designer for our client in Jacksonville, FL.
About the Company
Established in 1985 as a design-build firm, the company has matured into a full-service firm with more than 600 employees, offering multifaceted design and construction services to organizations around the world.The average employee has been with the company for 10 years, and the majority of the top leadership started right out of college. Their growth is fueled by a passion for innovation, a belief in teamwork and a workplace where employee ideas are valued.
About the Position
The Mechanical Designer will be primarily responsible for the design, and electronic design of HVAC, utility, and plumbing systems, for industrial and food processing facilities.
- Use Revit software to model and design mechanical systems in 3D for three major areas:
- HVAC systems to include make up air units, exhaust fans, air conditioning equipment, heating equipment, ductwork distribution systems, etc.
- Utility systems to include boilers, compressors, domestic cold water distribution, hot water distribution, cooling towers, natural gas distribution, hot water generation, pumps, piping, etc.
- Plumbing systems to include underground piping, above ground piping, and vent piping for sanitary, storm and process water. Typical applications involve restrooms, trenches, and floor drainage.
- Work under the direction of a mechanical engineer or senior designer on a project by project basis.
- Coordinate with other discipline designers such as architecture, civil, electrical, and structural during the design.
- Perform clash detection within the model and coordinate with others to resolve interferences.
- Be able to import AutoCAD drawings into the model as needed.
- Create drawings for schedules, plan views, sections, details, etc.
- Be proficient in the use of electronic communications such as Email, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be proficient with reading and interpreting design documents of varying disciplines.
- Develop new, and revise existing, design standards as may be assigned.
- Advanced Revit user with a minimum of 5+ years of designer experience.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Functional knowledge of MS Office products especially Excel and Word.
- A minimum of an Associate’ s degree in a related technical field.
- Advanced AutoCAD user.
- Ability to size ductwork, piping, and plumbing drainage.
- Ability to calculate HVAC loads using spreadsheets or software such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP.
- Be knowledgeable about applicable codes.
- 10% travel required.
For more information and to apply, please contact Lindsey Wolf at 407-868-8974 or send your resume to email@example.com