Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a Physical Therapist (PT) - Acute Inpatient Rehab to work as a civilian contractor at John Cochran and/or Jefferson Barracks VAMC in St. Louis, MO. The candidate must have a current, unrestricted licensure in any state, territory or commonwealth of the United States, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico. This opportunity is working in a Government facility.
- A Masters, or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy from a Physical Therapy program acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General and accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- A current, unrestricted license to practice Physical Therapy in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Have at least 24 months of experience within the past 36 months as a physical therapist.
- Skilled in Inpatient Physical Therapy services
Monday - Friday, 8: 00 am - 4: 30 pm with the possibility of weekend coverage from 8: 30 am to 5: 00 pm.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform a full range of physical therapist services in accordance with the scope of clinical privileges granted by the MTF.
- Acute inpatient rehab care.
- Primary diagnosis: CABG, valve replacement, respiratory failure, MI, post-op TKR, THA, TSA, post CVA, and amputations.
- Provide appropriate therapeutic procedures and provide a full range of therapy services in support of patient referrals.
- All patient contact and care shall be safe, timely, result in achievement of realistic and documented treatment goals, and comply with or satisfy the intent of the referring medical staff.
- Test and measure the patient' s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and/or respiratory and circulatory efficiency. Record findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Plan and prepare written treatment programs based on an evaluation of the patient.
Administer manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in performing various physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
Administer treatments involving application of physical agents, using equipment such as a pulsed lavage unit and/or whirlpool bath, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines. Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Administer soft tissue mobilization, applying knowledge of mobilization techniques and body physiology.
-Administer traction to relieve pain, using traction equipment.
- Record treatment, response, and progress in patient' s chart and/or automated systems.
For more information, please contact TJ Thurman at 407-591-3102 or via email at email@example.com
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.