2401 E Street NW, Rm. L101
Post Date: 04/10/2018
Job ID: 71359
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Physician - Infectious Diseases to work at the Bureau of Medical Services as a civilian promoting and restoring patients’ health.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
1. Competitive pay
2. Paid time off and holidays
3. Health and welfare benefits
4. Any State License is acceptable
For more information, please contact Justin LaMacchia at 407-591-3113, or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide subject matter expertise as it relates to the evaluation of routine and complex cases of patients seen in the travel or exam clinic with infectious diseases problems.
- Provide Patient consultations via phone, email or video conferencing. Travel to sites of outbreaks to provide Chief of Mission, Emergency Action Committees (EACs) and medical staff advice on infectious diseases threats and response. Conducts reviews of pre-travel consultations with nursing staff and advice about complex immunization questions.
- Review and draft MED policies as directed and research medical literature to assist in making infectious diseases guidelines and recommendations, review and provide subject matter expertise with regards to DoS MED Website Infectious Diseases resources to maintain and improve them.
- Provide laboratory and didactic infectious diseases training for new hires both government and contractor. Provide lectures and workshops for MED’ s annual Continuing Medical Education. Mentor and assist medical residents, students and other trainees that are rotating through the Infectous Disease portion of medical school Represents the infectous disease branch at interdepartmental collaborative efforts at meetings and teleconferences.
- Assist in the creation of and maintain research protocols performed in MED. Participate in the Human Subject’ s Protection Committee as needed.
- Must have a Medical Degree from an accredited medical school.
- Post graduate training in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics followed by fellowship training and board certification in Infectious Diseases are required.
- At least three years’ experience in Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases clinical practice and certification in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Traveler’ s Health by the American Society of Tropical Medicine are also required.
- Ability to provide medical consultation regarding patients either in clinic or remotely.
- Knowledge of appropriate methods to analyze health-related data. And the ability to initiate an epidemiologic evaluation of a disease outbreak.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.