Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 75094
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Physician Assistant for the Customs and Border Protection Station in Yuma, AZ.
- NP/PA Education or Training: Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The NP/or PA shall maintain a current license by the State Board of Nursing by the state that the nurse is practicing in and meet continuing education requirements for the State(s) licensed in. A temporary license will not be accepted.
- The duration of clinical experience must total at least 1 year.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing principles, procedures, and techniques to patient care.
- Alertness and skill in providing care and reacting to emergency situations.
- Knowledge of training methods and sufficient interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and co-workers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
- Practical knowledge of laboratory procedures and guidelines; skill in collecting a variety of samples.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Fluent in written/oral Spanish.
For more information, please contact Carrie Cherkinsky at 407-902-2114 or send a resume to email@example.com.
TYPE OF WORK:
- Initiates and maintains compliance with policies for accreditation.
- Provides direct care to detainees.
- Works within Scope of Practice and performs functions outlined in the Protocols for Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant. Works within the BP First Aid Unit' s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Performs medical histories on detainees entering the Processing Center or Border Station and completes necessary paperwork on them.
- Evaluates and provides care to detainees per SOP, with medical follow-up, on sick call, or who are walk-ins.
- Provides emergency and First Aid treatment within Scope of Work until care is transferred to a local healthcare system as appropriate.
- Performs limited, minor surgical procedures that do not require extensive care, labs, or radiographic studies. These might include such things as simple suturing of uncomplicated lacerations, incision and drainage of simply cysts.
- Reviews/reevaluates daily or as necessary, those cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention.
- Carries out orders authorized by the physician supervisor.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.