1000 Air Base Road
Job Number: 75518
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Primary Care Physician to work for the Federal Correction Center in Pollock, LA.
- Must have a current, unrestricted license in ANY STATE, territory or commonwealth of the United States, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico. This opportunity is working in a Government facility.
- The physician must have graduated from an American Medical Association approved school of medicine with a Doctor' s Degree in Medicine.
- Specific duties may involve all aspects of health care delivery, from basic medical care to specialized medical services to outpatients, and will work in concert with both institution staff and consultant specialist in various clinical areas.
- All duties will be performed in accordance with current accepted medical practices and procedures.
- Perform complete physical examinations. Collects comprehensive medical and social history to include a review of all body systems. Performs physical assessments in correlation with historical findings and records preliminary objective findings.
- Examines and orders appropriate diagnostic testing and provides necessary treatment and/or medications as required. Refers selected cases to consultant specialists when necessary. Refers inmates requiring hospitalization to a community hospital and to an appropriate admitting physician. Additionally, the clinician may see inmate patients who are in locked down status, meaning in their designated housing area or segregation unit.
- Conducts examinations of personnel as required for appointment. Approves or disapproves examinations in such cases from a medical viewpoint and in accordance with current established medical standards of employees.
- Administers or directs administration of both curative and preventative inoculations. Prescribes medications, treatments, and fully utilizes Health Services for treatment, rehabilitative, and diagnostic modalities.
- Physicians will assist with CPR, utilize AED, and other basic first aid skills within scope of their practice during emergencies until the arrival of EMS crew.
- Ensures that proper evaluations and treatments are carried out and documented. Contractor shall constantly monitor and evaluate the quality of patient care, providing data to the institution Quality Assurance Committee, and other agencies or committees as required.
For more information, please contact Jeff Shannonhouse at 407-381-7734 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.