1000 Airbase Road
Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 75083
Loyal Source Government Services is looking to hire a qualified Radiologic Technician to work as a civilian contractor at FCC Pollock in Pollock, LA. Working for Loyal Source gives you the ability to work for the FASTEST growing provider of clinical services for the United States Government. Must have a current, unrestricted licensure in ANY STATE, territory or commonwealth of the United States, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico. This opportunity is working in a Government facility.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- PTO and Holidays
- Copy of ARRT
- Copy of CPR/BLS Cert
Scope of Work:
- Perform routine radiologic procedures ordered by the medical staff for the inmate population at FCC Pollock.
- Work with an inmate population from a variety of cultural, racial, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evaluate radiographic equipment for calibrations and repairs.
- Possess knowledge of basic emergency situations that may occur during special radiographic procedures.
- Schedule exams and maintain records.
- Possess knowledge of various pathological abnormalities as demonstrated by radiographic imaging.
- Independently assess and select technical exposure factors and positions necessary to obtain a proper quality diagnostic exam. Receive patients and explain procedures to alleviate undue anxiety.
- Independently perform all radiographic procedures; i.e., chest, bone, skull, spines, and portable x-rays, etc.
- Notify Radiologist, or referring Physician of any preliminary abnormalities seen while patient is undergoing an exam, so that additional views, or exams can be ordered if needed.
- Coordinate transfer of patient radiologic records to ensure continuity of care.
- Work with Clinical Director to ensure monitoring and evaluation activities are completed.
- Act as liaison between radiologist and medical staff.
- Receive training and orientation and comply with correctional techniques as they pertain to medical services.
- Develop a working knowledge of FCC Pollock medical protocols.
- Wear outer protective clothing and obey CDC universal precautions at all times.
- Function in other duties commensurate of a Radiological Technician.
- Computerization and printing of daily log;
- Computerization and printing of exam requisitions;
- Printing of all folder and exam labels;
- Completing of all x-ray studies ordered by the medical staff;
- Preparing x-rays and submitting to the radiologist for interpretation;
- Assisting the staff with maintenance of equipment and supplies, and notifying staff when supplies are needed;
- Conducting quality assurance tests and daily maintenance on x-ray equipment as needed;
- Assisting with FDA inspections and preparation for JCAHO and program review as needed;
- Assuring that all x-ray requests are completed properly; and
- Computerization of patient logs and repeat analysis.
For more information please contact James Bissell at 407-455-7607 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.