Hwy 90 and SW Military Road Lackland AFB, TX 78236-5113
Post Date: 02/09/2018
Job ID: 68853
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for Registered Nurses- Internal Medicine to work at Lackland AFB, TX as a civilian contractor on promoting and restoring patients’ health.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- PTO and Holidays
- Any State License is Accepted
For more information, please contact Justin LaMacchia at 407-591-3113 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Active any state license
Shall be a graduate from an associate (ADN) or baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in management of patient populations with prevalent and chronic diseases
Certification in disease-management related area such as: Chronic Care Professional (CCP) by Health Sciences Institute or Certified Health Coach (CHC) by National Society of Health Coaches; or a patient education body such as: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) by National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators or Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C) by National Asthma Educator Certification Board; -OR- can be certification eligible with 3 years for ADN or 2 years for BSN of full-time disease management experience.
- Utilizing major components of population health and disease management, ensures health care interventions for individuals and populations of patients with prevalent and/or chronic diseases in order to achieve disease management compliance, improved overall quality of life, and reduced healthcare costs. Also performs clinical nursing care in the execution of disease management services.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Facilitates identification, adoption, implementation and utilization of standardized clinical practice guidelines and protocols for management of specific diseases/ conditions.
- Identifies, develops and executes appropriate disease management activities and interventions such as, but not limited to, individual and/or group patient contacts and training classes.
- Demonstrates skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
- Performs/assists with procedures such as medication administration, oxygen administration, bladder catheterizations, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus. For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.