2401 E Street NW, Rm. L101
Post Date: 04/10/2018
Job ID: 71358
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Registered Nurse (RN) - Health Unit (full-time and part-time) to work with the Department of State' s bureau of Medical Services in Washington DC as a civilian promoting and restoring patients’ health.
The Department of State' s bureau of Medical Services manages a worldwide health care network providing medical services for federal employees and their families serving domestically and abroad within the State Department and other Foreign Affairs Agencies. MED is comprised of a central office located in Washington DC (MED/WASH) and Health Units (Hus) located at over 200 U.S. diplomatic missions in 170 countries.
Our employees are our greatest asset! Benefits to working with Loyal Source include but are not limited to:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health and welfare benefits
For more information please contact Justin LaMacchia at 407-591-3113 or at email@example.com
From the health units located in Washington or Virginia on a rotating basis, the contractor shall perform the following tasks:
- Provides clinical nursing care for injuries and illnesses occurring in the workplace.
- Assist in disease and injury, prevention and health promotion goals of the Occupational Medical Program.
- Adhere to “ the day-to-day service of the occupational health employee unit and planning, organization and implementation of the Occupational Medicine programs policies and procedures relating to the employee health units.”
- Follow all guidelines, federal regulations, Department of State policies and procedures as well as physicians signed or verbal orders provided the basis of independent clinical practice patterns.
- Provide limited follow-up and treatment or referral as indicated. Orders and interprets some laboratory and diagnostics test under practice guidelines or physician' s orders.
- Update patient medical history information. Documents all patient care encounters according to accepted practices and patient care guidelines.
- Review and update occupational injury and illness reporting. Responsible for ordering and keeping nursing supplies and equipment in the health unit facilities organized and within proper shelf life. This includes monitoring the expiratory dates, and alerting appropriate offices of need for equipment maintenance.
- Keep the health unit in an organized fashion for efficient patient services.
- Conduct allergy and travel immunizations and assists with administering these programs to include supporting the implementation of the annual Flu Shot Program.
- Work with the guidance of the safety officer in assisting in the development of and conducting training programs geared to awareness of health hazard, health maintenance and safe working habits.
Registered Nurses shall possess the following minimum education and certification:
- Must be knowledgeable in the process of workplace hazard surveys, and will be able to assess and summarize findings. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school/college.
- Must have an unrestricted current Registered Nurse license to practice nursing from any of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Must have Basic Life Support certification
- Must be able to perform basic occupational screening procedures associated with visual and hearing programs and respirator use programs.
- Must be able to summarize and assess findings.
- Must have a minimum of three years of current Clinical experience in occupational health nursing, hospital or public health nursing
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to work with electronic medical records
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.