Hwy 90 and SW Military Road Lackland AFB, TX 78236-5113
Post Date: 02/09/2018
Job ID: 68851
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for Registered Nurses- Internal Medicine to work at Lackland AFB, TX as a civilian contractor on promoting and restoring patients’ health.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- PTO and Holidays
- Any State License is Accepted
For more information, please contact Justin LaMacchia at 407-591-3113 or by email at email@example.com.
- Active any state license
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of preventive health schedules, disease management and population health principles, and education methods.
- Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits or a working knowledge of the principles of fee-for-services, preferred provider network and managed care/HMO organizations is highly desirable.
- Experience: Minimum 36 months of clinical nursing experience in Internal Medicine (or equivalent).
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses patients, including the ability to assess/evaluate telephonically.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, pulse oximetry, oxygen administration, nebulizer treatments, EKGs, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols. Provides clinical oversight of all paraprofessionals involved in the provision of therapeutic treatments.
- Ensures for proper documentation and coding of procedures and treatments.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision- making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, quality projects, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel as appropriate.
- May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus. For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.