Post Date: 01/19/2018
Job ID: 67955
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring Registered Nurses (RNs) with Med/Surg experience to work for the VA Healthcare Center near Pittsburgh, PA. You will be working as a civilian.
For more information please contact Brian Rodino at 407-381-7738 or via email at email@example.com
Registered Nurses will be in the following specialty units:
- West: Medicine/Telemetry 36 bed unit which provides general medical and surgical care in addition to treating Veteran patients with cardiac conditions. This is a fast paced environment.
West: Medical/Surgical/Post-OP/Telemetry 35 bed unit. This unit patient population consists of a variety of surgery services such as Vascular, General, Ortho, GU, Neuro, Thoracic, ENT, Eye, and Gynecological. Length of stay is 4-5 days with patients discharge to home. This is a fast paced environment.
West: Medical/Surgical Specialty 35 bed unit which provides general medical and surgical care to the adult and geriatric Veteran population. The Medical/Surgical unit has private and semi-private rooms to house acute/chronically ill patients, post-surgical patients, and special isolation rooms equipped with controlled ventilation for treating patients with severe infectious diseases.
- ANY State Nursing License
- 2 years of experience
TYPE OF WORK:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
- Ability to utilize bar code medication administration (BCMA) for medication administration and computerized patient record system (CPRS).
- Effectively utilizes all aspects of the nursing process to provide optimal nursing care to Acute Medical Care patients.
- Practices within the guidelines of the policies, procedures and standards of care/practice relative to Acute Medical Care and the Patient Care Service Line.
- Anticipates emergencies, coordinates prevention and responds appropriately to emergency as defined by VAPHS policy.
- Demonstrates competence in the completion of core and practice specific procedures.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and skills, i.e., medication administration, IV infusion and PCA pumps, crash cart/defibrillator, EKG, Chest tubes, continuous bladder irrigation.
- Participates in unit and hospital based quality improvement activities.
- Consistently maintains confidentiality and provides patient privacy.
- Effectively communicates with health care providers, patients and families.
- Uses sound judgment and takes accountability for decisions that impact patient care and unit operations.
- Utilizes safe patient handling processes to ensure patient and staff safety.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.