3141 Centennial Blvd.
Job Number: 75259
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Registered Nurse – OR for VA Medical Center located in Colorado Springs, CO to work as a civilian contractor.
For more information please contact Kaycee Turner at 321-202-2762 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our employees are our greatest asset! Benefits to working with Loyal Source include but are not limited to:
1. Competitive wages
2. 13 week assignment with extension possibilities
3. Any State License is acceptable
- A minimum 3 years’ experience is mandatory in operating room assignments
- Experience in CARDIAC, GEN, ORTHO (including total joints) some Trauma
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Provides professional nursing care to patients undergoing surgery. Prepares and maintains operating room for all surgical procedures. Establishes and utilizes a checklist to monitor the physical plan of the operating room and equipment for conformity to all national standards for ensuring safety for the patient and all personnel. Assembles the type and quantity of material and special equipment needed for daily procedures and possible emergencies. Circulates for surgical procedures. Responds to surgical emergency requirements such as cardiac, pulmonary, or respiratory failure and hemorrhage.
- Maintains open communication lines, both intradepartmentally and interdepartmentally, to provide for total needs of the patient. Conducts preoperative and postoperative visits. Discusses operative procedures with patients and informs them of what to expect during surgery. Consults with the operating surgeon and establishes priorities of care for each patient entering the operating suite. Coordinates with other hospital units, which include recovery room, intensive care, obstetrics, and nursing units, on patients’ progress and any special equipment or supplies that will be needed for the patient returning from surgery.
- Directs and instructs personnel in preparing, sterilizing, and caring for operating room equipment and supplies. Maintains concise and complete records and reports. Coordinates an ongoing, in-service education program to continually update knowledge and skills of all assigned operating room nursing personnel.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledgeable of laboratory test values.
- Administers medications, electrolytes, fluids, blood, and blood products.
- Adheres to perioperative, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Safely operates and monitors specialized therapeutic and resuscitative equipment.
- Skilled in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates CPR if required. Assists surgical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.