Job Number: 73112
Loyal Source is representing a North Carolina engineering firm who' s seeking multiple Roadway Engineers in Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, or Winston-Salem.
For more information and to apply, please contact Lindsey Wolf at 407-868-8974 or send your resume to email@example.com
About the Firm:
With 11 offices across the southeast, the firm specializes in solving, mitigating and eliminating challenges related to roadways, traffic, parking, bicycling and pedestrians; and assisting clients in dealing with environmental impact issues. The firm is dedicated to serving both government and private sector clients.
About the Position:
- The Roadway Engineer will provide quality engineering design services for rehabilitation, renovation and construction of assigned projects.
- This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organization’ s established policies and objectives.
- The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive and creative.
- The candidate understands traffic operations and has excellent technical writing skills.
- Providing design and drafting services for the roadway design team for the conceptual, preliminary and detail design phases of a project;
- Preparing design drawings in accordance with various federal, state, and municipal standards governing the design of roads, intersections, sidewalks, multi-use paths, etc.
- Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD, Civil3D, MicroStation, Geopak, and/or similar type software
- Preparing opinion of construction cost estimates
- Project management and client interactions
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in Roadway Design.
- PE license.
- Experience with NCDOT standards.
- NCDOT experience required along with a proved ability to communicate effectively with municipal and county DOT officials.
- Candidate must be proficient in all major design-related software including MicroStation, GeoPak and Corridor Modeler. AutoCAD software a plus.