Loyal Source is looking for a Senior Network Systems Engineer in Orlando, FL.
The Senior Network Systems Engineer’ s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data and wireless network services. This is achieved by being the primary Architect of Network planning, design, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Senior Network Systems Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
For more information and to apply, please contact Mary Varouh at 407-591-3121 or send your resume to email@example.com
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and deploy company LANs, and WANs including load-balancers (specifically F5’ s), firewalls, routers, switches, network taps and other hardware.
- Configure and administer networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, SAN’ s, workstations, IP telephony equipment, business partner VPN connectivity and other network appliances.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Evaluates and tests data, voice or video networking technologies to establish their potential use. Designs appropriate testing routines or scripts; may conduct more complex testing to meet specified requirements.
- Designs, implements and maintains more complex Load Balancer, LAN, WAN, Firewall, or Voice Systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- Analyzes data, voice or video network documentation and assists in communicating to management regarding the current operational status of networks.
- Provides consultation, support and guidance to IT Project teams and other departments. May develop and conduct training as needed or appropriate. Participates in discussions regarding project decisions and project direction at the executive level. Manages client expectations and balances the needs of organization and client to ensure satisfaction for all relevant parties.
- Recommends data, voice or video network investment decisions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- 8 or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks
- 5+ years, Supporting LAN' s, WAN' s, TCP/IP and associated networking
- 5+ years, WAN in-depth working experience using routing protocols (e.g.; RIP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP/VRRP, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience with telecommunications systems including VoIP telephony.
- 3+ years’ experience with F5 LTM/GTM including developing iRules
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field/work experience preferred supplemented by 8 years of progressive IT experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Cisco CCIE/CCNP, Juniper JNCIE, JNCIP, JNCIS, F5-CA, F5-CTS
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good knowledge of wide area monitoring and capacity planning
- Good network performance modeling or benchmarking skills
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Ability to be on-call on a rotating basis and available 7x24