Post Date: 05/31/2018
Job ID: 72757
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Registered Nurse with Telemetry and Med Surg experience experience to work for the VA Healthcare Center near Pittsburgh, PA. You will be working as a civilian 40 hours per week totaling 720 hours or 18 weeks.
- ANY State Nursing License
- Telemetry/med surg experience
For more information please contact Mariam Sall at 407-930-8550 or by email at email@example.com
TYPE OF WORK:
- Applies the nursing process in providing care for clients with complex nursing care needs.
- Consistently performs comprehensive nursing assessments and detects early clinical changes in patient condition.
- Practices within the guidelines of the policies, procedures and standards of care relevant to 9-West and VA Pittsburgh Healthcare
- Effectively provides care to the following patients (but not limited to) pre/post procedural, infusion/transfusion, medical/surgical.
- Provides pertinent education regarding admission to patient and family, through direct patient teaching and pre/post admission
- phone call.
- Anticipates emergencies, coordinates prevention, and responds appropriate to emergency situations as defined by VAPHS policy.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in completion of core and practice specific procedures/competencies.
- Demonstrates applicable knowledge of technical skills, such as administration of medications, IV infusion and PCA pumps, crash cart, defibrillator, venipuncture, IV insertion, EKG, utilization of WAKE score for post anesthesia care, continuous bladder irrigation, and telemetry monitoring and cardiac rhythm interpretation.
- Consistently maintains confidentiality and provides patient privacy.
- Effectively communicates with health care providers, patients, and families.
- Uses sound judgment and takes accountability for decisions that impact patient care and unit operations.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.