4921 Memorial Highway, Suite 300
Post Date: 03/12/2018
Job ID: 70100
Loyal Source is a seeking a talented and experienced Water/Wastewater Project Engineer for a direct-hire position in Tampa, FL to assist in the design, permitting, and construction of municipal utility projects.
Our client' s Tampa office consists of approximately 100 employees, with the Environmental Engineering Department being made up of approximately 20 project managers, engineers, designers, and CADD technicians.
A successful candidate will typically work on 2 to 5 projects at a time, including transmission pipelines, water and reclaimed water distribution and storage systems, wastewater collection systems, pump stations, water/wastewater treatment facility/process upgrades or rehabilitation projects, utility relocations, solid waste transfer stations, and other environmental engineering projects. Specific tasks may include field investigations, preparation of engineering reports, project permitting, cost estimates, development and review of design plans and technical specifications, field representation and office assistance throughout construction. Experience and familiarity with hydraulic modeling and CADD software preferred.
For more information and to apply, please contact Mary Varouh via email at email@example.com
The Tampa office consists of a diverse group of engineers, managers, CAD technicians, and administrative/office personnel, all a mix of junior professionals as well as senior staff that have been with the company for 12+ years. Our client' s social activities group organizes several in-office and outdoor social activities throughout the year. Participation in professional organizations is encouraged. Engineers typically have the opportunity to work on projects with two or more project managers and/or senior engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interface with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies is critical
- Excellent technical writing skills for use in development of engineering reports and studies
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated, able to anticipate and initiate subsequent project tasks, working independently or with minimal instruction
- Able to work efficiently within a predetermined project budget and schedule
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to function efficiently within a project team environment
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to junior engineering staff
- Knowledge in hydraulic modeling software such WaterCAD, SewerCAD, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMs, and similar software preferred
- Basic level of familiarity with AutoCAD software (2017 or later) preferred, but not required
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Chemical, Environmental, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- 3-10 years of related experience in the water/wastewater design, permitting and construction.
- PE license is preferred, or ability to obtain within 12 months.