4921 Memorial Highway, Suite 300
Post Date: 03/12/2018
Job ID: 70104
Due to exciting growth, our client is seeking one or more Project Managers to join their Water/Wastewater Engineering team in Tampa, Florida. The position will expose the successful candidates to a full range of water, wastewater and reclaimed water projects.
For more information and to apply, please contact Mary Varouh via email at email@example.com
Our client' s Tampa office consists of approximately 100 employees, with the Environmental Engineering Department being made up of approximately 20 project managers, engineers, designers, and CADD technicians.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including transmission pipelines, water and reclaimed water distribution and storage systems, wastewater collection systems, pump stations, water/wastewater treatment facility/process upgrades or rehabilitation projects, utility relocations and other utility related projects. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the budget, schedule and sub-consultants for the completion of multiple engineering projects simultaneously (typically between 5 and 15 projects at a time, based on level of complexity).
- Performing as the technical lead in the design considerations of water, wastewater and reclaimed water projects, including evaluating alternatives, performing preliminary/detailed design, hydraulic modeling and engineering studies. In most cases, the Project Manager will serve as the Engineer of Record for his/her own projects.
- Communicating with clients, sub-consultants, contractors, and other professionals as required for the completion of the project.
- Development of project scopes of work, budgets, and schedules based on initial feedback from the client, and negotiation of any revisions and/or changes to the work during the course of the project.
- Assisting other Project Managers in the daily and weekly allocation of junior engineering and production staff on active projects, managing individual workloads based on project deliverables and priorities.
- Overseeing and coordinating the activities of the project team.
- Preparing and/or reviewing technical engineering specifications and cost estimates.
- Providing feedback to junior engineering staff on standard design engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Conduct constructability and quality control reviews of design plans and specifications completed by others.
- Providing construction management services for the designed projects.
- Providing direction and feedback to field personnel on specific construction requirements, visiting construction sites and providing field observation as necessary.
As a part of on-the-job training, this position will include training in project management and client management responsibilities.
- Strong background in the use and development of project management tools such as project schedules (Microsoft Project, Primavera, Suretrak, etc.), budgeting spreadsheets (Excel), accounting software, and earned value reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interface with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies is critical
- Excellent technical writing skills for use in development of engineering reports and studies
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated, able to anticipate and initiate subsequent project tasks, working independently or with minimal instruction
- Able to work efficiently within a predetermined project budget and schedule
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to function efficiently within a project team environment
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to junior engineering staff
- Basic knowledge in the output and capabilities of hydraulic modeling software such as WaterCAD, SewerCAD, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMs, and similar software
- Basic level of familiarity with AutoCAD software (2017 or later) preferred, but not required
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Chemical, Environmental, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- 5-15+ years of related experience in the water/wastewater design, permitting and construction.
- PE license is preferred, or ability to obtain within 12 months.