333 Ave M NW
Job Number: 77418
Loyal Source' s Technical Services Division is currently hiring an Automation and Controls Programmer for our client in Winter Haven, FL.
The programmer is responsible for the development, installation and maintenance of software systems on customer sites such as operating systems, development software and communications programming, including software systems.
For more information on this and other technical opportunities, please contact Aklys Hibbert at 407-868-8967 or email@example.com
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved in process control software development to include, but not limited to, programmable logic controllers (PLC) self-contained HMI units, and full HMI systems. This includes all software and/or systems.
- Involved in the design and installation of software, stand alone and/or networked PLC/PC systems to be used in a process control system at a customer site, to include the installation of all software and/or systems.
- Performs scheduled and emergency repairs and/or maintenance of software system and PC networks at customer site to include basic knowledge of instrument assemblies such as pressure and temperature transmitters, flow meters, process and control valves, I/P converters and pneumatic assemblies.
- Updates Manager of current service status by the means of service reports, project schedules and maintenance tracking system. Keeps Manager aware of any customer activities that could hinder the normal operation of any system. Developer must have the ability to create very detailed system scope and operational documents.
- Involved in process control software development to include but not limited to programmable logic controllers (i.e. Allen Bradley, InTouch, Wonderware Historian, Indusoft Web Studio, ProficyME, RSLogix, CoDeSys, TwinCAT3 and Siemens), self-contained HMI units, and full HMI systems (i.e. InTouch, ProficyME, RSLogix).
GENERAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow proper safety procedures and safeguard others’ safety at all times, understanding the obligation to refuse to perform any tasks that are unsafe.
- Accept travel assignments including to foreign countries – as much as 60% travel/offsite.
- Accept job assignments from Manager for any type of work for which the employee is deemed qualified.
- Accept other duties as assigned including working in other departments or locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Degree or certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of job related training/experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with InTouch, Wonderware Historian, Indusoft Web Studio, ProficyME, RSLogix, CoDeSys, TwinCAT3software highly desirable.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical and technical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.