Job Number: 82663
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Control Systems Engineer to work with our client in WashingtonD.C.
For more information, please contact Michael Bulmer at 407-902-2109 or send a resume to email@example.com.
The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of complete building control systems, primarily with HVAC control sub-systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. Accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness and efficiency of designs. Develops complex software programs, commissioning and troubleshooting to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, client field installation team and subcontractors.
- Designs and configures technically complex building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Coordinates and creates of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
- Keeps management and client contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Assists in performing site-specific training for owner / operator on the total building control system.
- Participates in release meeting with project field team. Performs value engineering to provide cost effective results while maintaining customer
- May provide work direction to Systems Design Assistants.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory. Experience working with automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems strongly preferred.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools. Visio experience preferred.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BacNet, etc).
- Demonstrated experience with engineering and programming of Direct Digital Control Systems. Experience with Metasys strongly preferred
- SCADA experience - Iconics Gen 64/Kepware/Allen-Bradley software
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.