3601 Eisenhower Ave
Job Number: 81698
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Design Engineer to develop quotes for installation projects to Security systems as add-ons or completely new systems (ACS, IDS, CCTV, Intercom) for National Account / Federal customers. This is a contract position based in Alexandria, VA.
For more information, please contact Anthony Davis at 407-591-3127 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read and interpret written scope of work (RFQ) and floor plans to determine requirements for proposal.
- Develop survey questionnaire for each project to gather the technical and site information needed to complete quotes. Including information on existing equipment, infrastructure and abnormal conditions.
- Support and drive field personnel to gather site and system information needed to complete pricing proposals.
- Work with Applications Managers when needed to achieve best solution to the requests in the RFQ.
- Interact with vendors for system configuration support and for quotes to be used in the proposal.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all pricing estimate related activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work with various systems to enable accurate estimation.
- Must be able to learn complex system integration between ACS, CCTV, BA and Intercom systems.
- Must be able to learn how to integrate and/or upgrade legacy/analog systems to network based IP systems.
- Must have the ability to handle a variety of hurdles encountered with external and internal customers during the estimation process.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to be desk bound on a regular basis.
- High School or GED, Bachelor’ s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of technical experience in a related business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable. Security system installation experience a plus.
- 1-2-years’ experience of security system design preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good MS Office Skills – Excel, Word
- Position requires employee a high degree of self-management including scheduling and prioritization of work.
- Peer interaction is robust and providing guidance and instruction to others will be a regular occurrence.
- Ability to communicate clearly and assertively with both the PMO team and with internal/external customers is critical to success in this role.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.