Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 81825
Loyal Source Government Service is currently hiring an Emergency Medical Technician to work as a civilian contractor at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport located in Atlanta, GA.
For more information, please contact Samantha Pineda at 407-652-0158 or send a resume to email@example.com.
- The EMT must be a current and valid nationally registered EMT with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
- The EMT must possess a current, valid and unrestricted certification or license from the state in which EMT will be providing care.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security background investigation allowing airport badging and facility access.
- CPR/BLS certification required.
- Initiates and maintains compliance with all DHS and CBP policies for accreditation.
- Works within Scope of Practice and performs functions outlined in the expanded statement of work.
- Obtains medical histories and necessary vital signs on all individuals entering the United States and as directed by higher authority. Vital signs not limited to temperature check but will not extend beyond basic life support level of acuity.
- Assist local authorities with any medical emergencies, as necessary.
- Be prepared to work within the national incident management construct in relation to a national emergency, as designated by high authority.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and privacy of medical records.
- Assists with the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis.
- Assists with maintenance of medical equipment and conduct routine serviceability checks, as directed by the manufacturer, company or agency.
- Conduct daily inventories to ensure adequate supplies are available for each shift.
- May assist in maintaining medical supply inventory to include, ordering and restocking supplies.
- Attends general/medical staff meetings, as directed.
- Be available for on-call duties.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assists with non-invasive procedures.
- With minimal training, become proficient in all BLS diagnostic equipment necessary to support enhanced screening measures. Equipment includes, touch free thermometer, blood pressure monitoring devices, glucometer, pulse oximeter, automated external defibrillator (AED) and all other devices as directed to meet the mission.
- Application of medical principles, clinical procedures, and techniques.
- Alertness and skill in providing care and reacting to emergency situations.
- Interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and co-workers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
- Requirements on safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patients seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
- Supply requisition procedure and ability to complete requests for equipment repair and maintenance.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.