119 Brookstown Avenue, Suite PH1
Job Number: 77007
Loyal Source Direct Hire Division has partnered with a Design and Consulting firm in Raleigh, NC to hire an Environmental Scientist / Planner for a full-time, permanent opportunity.
With 11 offices across the southeast, the firm specializes in solving, mitigating and eliminating challenges related to roadways, traffic, parking, bicycling and pedestrians; and assisting clients in dealing with environmental impact issues.
Committed to developing people and positive relationships, the firm offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits– 401k with company match, medical, dental vision, life insurance, long term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more
- Annual company paid cruise to the Caribbean - employee and guest
- Opportunity to work with both government and private sector clients
- Advancement opportunities
- And more!
- Preparation of environmental documents and studies in compliance with NEPA guidelines for both state and federal agencies. Experience and contacts with the North Carolina Department of Transportation Planning and Environmental Branch is preferred.
- Conduct fieldwork for environmental site assessments of linear transportation projects.
- Wetland delineations
- Biological assessments
- Community resources
- Preparation of environmental permit applications.
- Meet with potential clients or other firms to develop new projects.
- Manage projects, including coordination with local agencies.
- Maintain client satisfaction/confidentiality.
- Experience with GIS and/or CADD mapping is preferred.
- Some travel required including regular visits on job sites.
- OSHA 40hr Hazwoper training will be required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with GPS survey equipment is a plus.
- A minimum of five years of technical experience in environmental planning and assessment
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Environmental Science or another related field.
- Professional Engineer, Professional Geologist or Certified Planner licensure HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Experience with environmental planning which includes 401/404 permitting, wetland delineations, natural resource surveys (such as for freshwater mussels, red-cockaded woodpeckers, or bats), socio-economic impacts, and community assessments
- Experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments
- Possess a strong desire to develop marketing and business strategies to expand client’ s growing Environmental Division
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Lindsey Wolf at 407-868-8974 or firstname.lastname@example.org