Job Number: 81179
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring an Integrative Medicine Registered Nurse (RN) to work at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
If you are interested in this position please contact Claudia Lisenby at 407-591-3974 or via email at email@example.com.
- Bachelor’ s certification as a Registered Nurse (RN) from a National League of Nursing (NLN)-approved program.
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted RN license in at least one state, territory or commonwealth of the United States.
- Have and maintain valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certifications.
- Certified in at least two alternative medicine treatments that can help with pain management (some examples are yoga, resiliency training, Tai Chi, touch therapy, massage therapy, meditation, etc.) and promote patients’ sense of well-being. Additionally, will educate patients on pain manage and assist in developing patients’ self-management skills.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience with pain management or related field, or must be trained in at least two Alternative Modalities for Pain Management.
DUTIES / TASKS:
- Teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Provide support as applicable to supporting Government employees (i.e. hospital corpsmen, technicians, medical students, and resident physicians) during the performance of clinical procedures. Such interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocol.
- Perform necessary administrative duties that include maintaining statistical records of clinical workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
- Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.