Job Number: 84582
Loyal Source Government Services is hiring a Materials Engineer to work with our client based in Huntsville, AL.
The Materials Engineer will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Quality, Safety and Mission Assurance organization providing support to the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) program.
For more information on this position, please contact Maggie Dowling at 407-930-8555 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, formulates, and executes material related engineering research, review, analysis, and recommendations development independently
- Prepares and coordinates technical reports and publications and makes presentations to external stakeholders
- Provides expert advice and consultation on and resolves complex Metallurgy and/or Materials technical problems associated with surveillance of major, critical DoD acquisition contracts in all program life cycle stages and next generation equipment for DoD weapon systems, supporting systems, and other material and non-material requirements in support of warfighters worldwide
- Performs detailed engineering tasks such as developing recommendations for requirements, evaluation of risk mitigation implementations, and review supplier’ s development and production efforts
- Evaluates field implementation of quality, safety, and mission assurance policy, procedures, standards, and metrics to verify compliance, determine effectiveness, identify improvement opportunities, and refine best practices
- Conducts reviews and implementation of the MDA Parts, Materials and Processes Mission Assurance Plan (PMAP) and Supply Chain Risk Management as it relates to MDA Parts, Materials and Processes across the BMDS program to verify contractor compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Provides expertise on parts and material product failures to include knowledge of materials analysis equipment; expertise in the areas of metallurgy, galvanic couples, welding, surface treatments, castings and composites, and hazardous material replacements to ensure the BMDS Program and suppliers conform to MDA Assurance Provisions for BMDS testing
- Utilizes principles, practices, concepts, standards, methods, and theories of materials engineering (polymers, ceramics, metals, composites, resins, adhesives, painting, finish treatments and manufacturing processes) in order to analyze and resolve complex or sensitive quality assurance surveys and inspections and verify agency policy, competency assessment and management processes, and surveillance operations processes related to materials and parts
- Applies knowledge of quality assurance, safety, and/or mission assurance principles, practices, methods, procedures, laws, regulations and current legislative issues to conduct independent technical assessments to verify contractor compliance and policy, guidance, training, and support to meet Agency and customer needs
- Verifies risks that are properly identified, categorized and mitigated to the maximum extent practical throughout the acquisition life-cycle of parts and material
- Travels to support various events, estimated 10%
- Bachelor’ s degree in Materials Engineering or Chemistry
- 15+ years of relevant experience OR Master' s degree
- Experience with welding processes, welding specifications and welding Inspections
- Experience with Corrosion Prevention
- Obtain an active DoD secret security clearance prior to start
- Ability to quickly connect in-person and in writing, and to actively listen and perceive the needs, values or opinions of others
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments professionally and personally
- Proactivity in identifying and addressing challenges to include innovations that result in positive organizational impact
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.