Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 81167
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Medical Clerk to work at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
If you are interested in this position please contact Michael Brown Jones at 407-591-3084 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience as Administrative Medical Assistant/ Medical Office Assistant/Medical Secretary
- Possess knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathological processes. Knowledge of medical terminology to maintain patients’ records and charts and to transcribe physicians’ orders
- Understanding of medical terminology to include diagnosis, procedures, tests, pharmaceuticals, operations, psychological and other specialty terms
- Skill in using medical reference material
- Shall be able to read and understand medical information well enough to interpret medical information from hand written comments, identify erroneous data from medical reports such as documentation discrepancies and missing information, and provide corrective action
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR - following government furnished training) and Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
DUTIES / TASKS:
- Enter and retrieve data relevant to patient medical records/charts in order to track and monitor procedures, medications, etc. and to produce required reports via CHCS I, AHLTA, ADS system.
- Code patient record entries to reflect the patient’ s condition (including diagnosis and problem), management in the clinic (including diagnostic and therapeutic procedures), and the complexity of the medical decision making process. Assigns appropriate ICD-9-CM code for each diagnosis addressed during the inpatient visit and for chronic diagnosis that may complicate the current episode of care entered in CHCS I. Clinic procedures are coded using CPT classification system. The appropriate E&M code is identified for each visit, ensuring database and billing integrity.
- Maintain patients records and charts, transcribe physicians’ orders, and use medical reference material. Read and interpret medical information from hand written comments. Identify erroneous data from medical reports, such as documentation discrepancies and missing information, and provide corrective action.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.