Job Number: 80436
Loyal Source Government Services is seeking an Occupational Safety and Health Manager/Training Safety Officer to work at the Naval Construction Training Center, Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) in Port Hueneme, CA.
Candidate shall provide an Occupational Safety and Health Manager and Training Safety Officer for Naval Construction Training Center (NAVCONSTRACEN), Port Hueneme, CA and NAVCONSTRACENPH Detachment, China Lake, CA.
Candidate shall implement Navy Occupational Safety Health (NAVOSH) programs as delineated in established NAVOSH instructions and regulations, and also in the following specialized environments: High Risk Training Safety, Fall Protection, Explosives safety and Hazardous Materials.
- Provide oversight to the command environmental programs.
- Develop and implement NAVOSH and training safety program requirements as outlined in OPNAV, NAVEDTRA, NETC, and local instructions, policies and procedures.
- Provide comprehensive command safety indoctrination for all newly assigned command personnel.
- Provide safety indoctrinations for all students attending courses of instruction at NAVCONSTRACEN.
- Provide weekly safety briefs to Commanding Officer NAVCONSTRACEN during staff call. This is the OSH council/committee safety meeting for NCTC and China Lake.
- Record all safety/environmental training in Enterprise Safety Applications Management System (ESAMS).
- Track individual training requirements in ESAMS and report status to Executive Officer on a monthly basis.
- Record all safety inspections, internal and external, in ESAMS and submit follow-up reports as required until deficiencies abated.
- Track command motorcycle riders to ensure training compliance.
- Monitor military personnel less than 26 years of age to ensure scheduled for and attend a four-hour driver safety course within 90 days of reporting onboard.
- Track and document high risk training requirements for all high risk instructors covering 7 high risk courses of instruction, i.e. monthly Emergency Action Plan (EAP) reviews, quarterly walk-through of EAPs, annual drills, annual course reviews, annual course risk assessments, annual platform inspections, annual safety stand-downs, first aid, CPR, AED and medical surveillance requirements.
- Ensure training is provided and personal qualification standards are established to qualify collateral duty training safety officers (TSO) in each high risk schoolhouse.
- Track and document annual course reviews and risk assessments on all non- high risk courses of instruction.
- Upon check-in, enroll and provide training to all command personnel on the use and applications of ESAMS.
- Ensure ESAMS and the Web Enabled Safety System (WESS) is fully implemented for mishap reporting and tracking, inspections, training and medical surveillance and motorcycle ridership.
- Screen, enroll, document and track all personnel in the medical surveillance program.
- Schedule and document annual industrial hygiene surveys for Alfa, Charlie and Delta companies, record survey and findings in ESAMS.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer an aggressive and continuing command accident prevention program, advising the Commanding Officer on safety and health matters that may affect NAVCONSTRACEN Port Hueneme and China Lake.
- Conduct accident and mishap investigations in all areas for which the command is responsible as required by service regulations and requirements. Interview appropriate supervisors, witnesses, and secure all available facts. Report in writing the findings and corrective action needed to prevent a recurrence of a mishap or eliminate hazards. In case of a Class Alfa on-duty mishap travel to appropriate site as directed by higher authority to assist the Safety Investigation Board from Naval Safety Center and NETC.
- Perform inspections and surveys of all aspects of the facilities, equipment, and operations for which NAVCONSTRACENPH and China Lake has responsibility to ensure compliance with environmental, safety and occupational health regulations and requirements.
- Ensure that NAVCONSTRACENPH and China Lake Learning Sites has designated and trained a collateral duty safety officer.
- Coordinate with other offices regarding occupational health matters affecting personnel, to include the Recruit Training Command regarding " A" School students who report onboard with preexisting injuries.
- Disseminate appropriate safety material, Navy messages and consumer alert information domain-wide.
- Coordinate and schedule with Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) Safety Officer, Environmental Manager, Industrial Hygienist, Fire Department, Explosive Safety Officer and Southwest Region Safety Officer in meeting training requirements for semiannual safety stand-downs, traffic safety, energy control, hearing conservation, ergonomics, prevention and control of workplace hazardous, asbestos hazards, respiratory hazardous, lead hazards, exposure monitoring, hazardous material, motorcycle rider training compliance and safety occupational health topics as applicable.
CERTIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The following Navy Occupational Safety Health (NAVOSH) certifications and qualifications are required:
- Mishap Investigation
- General Industry Standards
- Electrical Safety
- Hazardous Material Ashore
- Industrial Hygiene
- Navy Machine and Machine Guarding
- Navy Occupational Safety and Health Ashore
- Fall Protection
Travel to China Lake site may be required during performance.