Job Number: 81176
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Pain Nurse (RN) to work at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
If you are interested in this position please contact Amanda Sparling at 407-902-2108 or via email at email@example.com.
- Be a graduate of one of the following: Diploma, Associates, Bachelor or Master’ s program of Registered Nursing. The institution must be an accredited National League of Nursing (NLN) approved program.
- Possess a valid, unrestricted, RN license from at least one state, territory or commonwealth of the US.
- Possess certification by the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Have two (2) years or more experience working with pain management or related field.
- Have been continuously employed, for a minimum of one year as a registered nurse in a hospital or clinical setting prior to working at the Military Training Facility (MTF).
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time experience as a Pain Nurse within the last three (3) years, preferably in Pain Clinic.
DUTIES / TASKS:
- Treat, evaluate and manage acute and chronic illness patients.
- Effectively educate patients and families regarding involvement in the plan of care, promotion of self-care, management of symptoms, and follow-up care.
- Demonstrate and adhere to peri-operative, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge in administrative requirements for the documentation of patient’ s condition, progress and acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Perform a full range of RN duties in accordance with assignment under the task order, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; use of patient monitoring and treatment equipment; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians’ orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice; documentation of patient care and observations; provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient release; ensure areas are stocked and properly equipped and patient education; assist in planning, supervising and instructing LPNs/LVNs, nursing assistants and ancillary personnel; and provide emotional support.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.