Industry: Allied / Clinical
Job Number: 80088
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Paramedic to provide the first point of medical contact at a medical station in Lordsburg, NM.
For more information, please contact Donald Bowles at 407-284-4364 or send a resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED
- Must have and maintain current state Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic certification
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver' s license
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and/or American Heart Association BCLS certification
- Proficient in Spanish and English
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates and maintains compliance with facility policies for accreditation.
- Works within Scope of Practice and performs functions outlined in the Guidelines for the EMT-Paramedics.
- Work independently under a physician’ s supervision to render emergency services at facilities
- Obtains medical histories and completes necessary paperwork on patients entering the facilities including vital signs. Any medical problems are referred to the Physician, and/or NP/PA.
- Assists with medical appointments, emergencies and sick call to include taking vital signs and documenting patient' s medical complaints.
- Perform daily inspections and inventories of emergency response supplies and equipment.
- Ensure safety inspections are completed or recommended on all medical devices, as necessary.
- Documents all patient contacts, followed by their signature and name stamp.
- Ensures the medical provider’ s orders are implemented.
- Coordinates health care needs of patients with other staff members.
- Coordinates referrals to off-site providers as required.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and privacy of medical records.
- Assures a safe and clean working environment.
- Assists with the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis.
- Assists with maintenance of medical equipment and quality control of laboratory reagents.
- Restocks clinic forms in medical provider’ s offices.
- May assist in maintaining medical supply inventory to include, ordering and restocking supplies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Triage patients in a challenging environment where emergency services are limited.
- Maintain patients until emergency services arrive.
- Assists with non-invasive procedures.
- Application of medical principles, clinical procedures, and techniques
- Alertness and skill in providing care and reacting to emergency situations.
- Interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and co-workers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
- Requirements on safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patients seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
- Skill in collecting a variety of samples.
- Supply requisition procedure and ability to complete requests for equipment repair and maintenance.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.