3000 West Military Highway
Job Number: 77305
Loyal Source is hiring a Physician Assistant to work with Customs and Border Protection in Mcallen, TX.
- Graduate of a school of professional Physician Assistant Studies. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Texas State License
- The duration of clinical experience must total at least 1 year. In any combination of family medicine, emergency medicine, acute care, ambulatory care, and/or public/community health medicine.
For more information, please contact Carrie Cherkinsky at 407-902-2114 or send a resume to email@example.com.
- Performs medical histories on detainees entering the processing center and completes necessary paperwork on them.
- Documents medical/psychiatric problems on the Problem List in the detainee’ s chart and initiates a plan of treatment, referring for further medical treatment as appropriate.
- Coordinates health care needs of detainees with other staff members and coordinates referrals to off-site providers as required.
- Assists in the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis.
- In certain circumstances, as deemed necessary, may takes blood, urine specimens, sputum samples, etc. for laboratory analysis (examples might include such things as glucose finger sticks, pregnancy tests); however, in most cases, detainees will be referred to local healthcare if laboratory or radiological studies are required Interprets selected laboratory findings.
- Takes direct and indirect action to isolate and quarantine cases and provide health safety and treatment for all employees and detainees at the facility when contagious diseases or chronic health problems are evident.
- If an Infirmary (Short-Stay Unit) is onsite, may do daily rounds on patients and notify the Physician, or Clinical Director of any abnormal findings.
For more information, go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.