Job Number: 75723
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Physician Assistant to work at the US Customs and Border Control in Laredo, TX.
Benefits working with Loyal Source include but are not limited to:
1. Competitive pay
2. Health and welfare benefits
3. Referral Bonuses
For more information, please contact Logan Seagraves at 407-591-3090 or send a resume to email@example.com.
- Be currently licensed in, and a member of the State medical board providing licensure for PAs, in the state in which he/she will be practicing medicine.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Shall comply with all state and federal laws governing patient care privacy regulations.
- The duration of clinical experience must total at least 1 year.
- The candidate must meet one of the following:
- The PA must be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
(1) A bachelor' s degree from a PA training program which is certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA);
(2) Graduation from a PA training program which is certified by the ARC-PA and a bachelor’ s degree in a health care occupation or a health-related science;
(3) Graduation from a PA training program which is certified by the ARC-PA and a period of progressively responsible health care experience such as an independent duty medical corpsman, licensed practical nurse, medical technologist, or medical technician. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications.
STATEMENT OF WORK
- Initiates and maintains compliance with CBP/BP policies for accreditation.
- Provides direct care to detainees.
- Works within Scope of Practice and performs functions outlined in the Protocols for Physician Assistants, BP First Aid Unit Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs medical histories on detainees entering the processing center and completes necessary paperwork on them.
- Evaluates and provides care to detainees per SOP, with medical follow-up, on sick call, or who are walk-ins.
- Serves as a shift supervisor on duty to other contracted medical personnel.
- Provides emergency and First Aid treatment within Scope of Work until care is transferred to local healthcare system as appropriate.
- Performs limited, minor surgical procedures that do not require extensive care, labs, or radiographic studies. These might include such things as simple suturing of uncomplicated lacerations, incision and drainage of simply cysts.
- Reviews/reevaluates daily or as necessary, those cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.