8910 Astronaut Blvd Ste 120 6703 Odyssey Drive Suite 100
Job Number: 85116
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Process Engineer for a contract opportunity with our client in Huntsville, AL.
For more information, please contact Anthony Davis at 407-591-3127 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Process Engineer will support Missile Defense Agency (MDA) mission and quality assurance by participating in multi-disciplinary teams conducting quality and mission assurance evaluations and assessments. The position involves analysis of electrical and electronic components and assemblies for existing missile defense components and architectures. The individual will understand the importance of providing timely support to all tasks and will be proactive in identifying and solving problems. The Process Engineer will act as an integral part of the team to ensure the goal of delivering quality products and services that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensures EEE (electrical, electronic, and electromechanical) parts, used in manufactured MDA products, are both reliable and effective
- Evaluates and inspects design and manufacturing processes of electronic circuits, components, and integrated systems, completed electrical hardware installations, and observes operations to ensure conformance of design and equipment specifications for complex weapon systems
- Formulates, evaluates, and applies component failure mechanisms and physics of failure to independently understand and identify electrical/electronic components of complex weapon systems conformance to established criteria
- Identifies failures, researches screenings and qualification test plans, and recommend potential technical solutions of electronic components applications
- Supports Failure Review Boards to ensure failure analysis accounts for part or material defects
- Investigates parts and materials that includes identification of any brokered-bought parts, obsolescence and sibling issues including most common EEE parts failure modes and environments
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to ensure documents are scrutinized to protect government interests
- Conducts vendor assessments of MDA contractors to verify receiving Inspection, ESD, and Manufacturing processes
- Works with Quality and Safety teams to establish processes to ensure the contract meets the MDA Parts Materials and Processes Mission Assurance Plan (PMAP) and MIL-STD 883 Test Methods
- Conducts multiple Parts, Materials and Processes Control Boards to mitigate risks of submitted Non-Standard Parts Requests (NSPARS) and Non-Standard Materials Requests (NSMARS) to ensure the guidelines are enforced
- Supports Configuration Change Boards to ensure changes (alternates, substitutions, obsolescence) in configuration control are in accordance with MDA PMAP requirements
- Work from the local corporate office with frequent travel to the MDA on Redstone Arsenal
- Travel approximately every other month for up to 5 days duration per trip to support various review activities
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with design, application, selection, and/or testing of EEE parts
- Must have a secret security clearance
- Ability to quickly connect in-person and in writing, and to actively listen and perceive the needs, values or opinions of others
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments professionally and personally
- Proactivity in identifying and addressing challenges to include innovations that result in positive organizational impact
- Background in MDA, GMD, or DoD missile defense systems
- Experience related to microcircuit and semiconductor designs to include wire-bonding, flip-chip methods, die mounting techniques, ceramic and plastic packaging processes, lead frame and interposer applications
- Supplier quality management experience assessing/evaluating mission critical hardware and/or software and investigating root cause of failures and/or nonconformances
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.