Los Angeles AFB,
Job Number: 81333
Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Registered Nurse - Case Manager to work at Los Angeles Air Force Base in California as a civilian contractor promoting and restoring patients’ health.
Our employees are our greatest asset! Benefits to working with Loyal Source include but are not limited to:
- Competitive wages
- Long-term contracts
- Any State License is acceptable
For more information, please contact Amanda Sparling at (407) 902-2108, or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Degree/Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Prefer one of the following certifications listed below or 2 years of experience in full time clinical nursing case management with children, families, seniors, or groups.
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S).
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified
- Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- Experience: BSN with minimum 2 years full-time experience in clinical case management working with adults, children, families, seniors and groups.
- Must possess organization, problem-solving and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
- Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
- Must be knowledgeable in and adhere to medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA]); and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
- Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required in the TO.
- Participate in all phases of the Case Management Program (CMP) and ensure that the CMP meets established case management (CM) standards of care.
- Provide nursing expertise about the CM process, including assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring. Identify opportunities for CM and identify and integrate local CM processes.
- Develop and implement local strategies using inpatient, outpatient, onsite and telephonic CM
- Develop and implement tools to support case management, such as those used for patient identification and patient assessment, clinical practice guidelines, algorithms, CM software, and databases for community resources.
- Integrate CM and utilization management (UM) and integrating nursing case management with social work case management.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate community agencies and organizations.
- Accurately collect and document patient care data.
- Develop treatment plans including preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, psychosocial, and clinical interventions to ensure continuity of care toward the goal of optimal wellness.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure proper implementation of patient treatment plan and follow-up post discharge in ambulatory and community health care settings.
- Provide appropriate health care instruction to patient and/or caregivers based on identified learning needs.
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.