Job Number: 81719
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Reliability Engineer with an Active Security Clearance for a contract position in Dahlgren, VA
For more information, please contact Michael Bulmer at 407-902-2109 or send a resume to email@example.com.
Our client is seeking a driven individual who will support Missile Defense Agency mission and quality assurance by participating in multi-disciplinary teams conducting quality and mission assurance evaluations and assessments for existing missile defense components and architectures. Provide technical expertise in reliability engineering to Quality and Mission Assurance Management in performing oversight of all lifecycle phases including requirements, design, development, testing and programmatic efforts. Responding to requirements, design, development, testing and programmatic concerns. Supporting design and failure review boards/ investigations, milestone reviews and aiding in the implementation of the reliability program. The successful candidate will act as an integral part of the team to ensure the goal of delivering quality products and services that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Assist with the implementation and support of the reliability program management including development and updating of key program documentation
- Support reliability requirements identification and development processes by evaluating and assessing planning, design, development, and maintenance for mission critical missile defense systems
- Provide reliability experience within the Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS); specifically with the Aegis and Standard Missile systems.
- Perform evaluations including Reliability Growth Analysis (Crow AMSAA), Weibull Analysis, Cost of Unreliability
- Work with suppliers to identify, evaluate, and implement reliability improvement opportunities through changes to designs, operating procedures, maintenance procedures, and equipment upgrades.
- Analyze component history to identify reliability improvement opportunities
- Support Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), and Root Cause Analysis using conceptual design and data collection and analysis, performing engineering calculations that support mathematical models
- Responsible for the development and updating of RAM models for independent comparison against supplier prediction models.
- Work with internal engineering teams and external suppliers to develop and validate performance of components and systems and validation activities
- Support MDA Joint Reliability and Maintainability Evaluation Team (JRMET) activities including failure definition and scoring criteria (FDSC) development, scoring boards, and RAM activity status briefings.
- Assist with definition and execution of reliability qualification testing/demonstration.
- Work with a broad variety of development, testing and production issues in design, analysis, maintenance, and testing involving RAM activities.
- Participate in failure analysis investigations
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering or a related technical discipline; Master’ s a plus
- Certified Reliability Engineer is a plus
- Background in MDA and/or DoD missile defense systems and/or satellite systems and experience with BMDS
- 10 years of RAM experience in a DoD related environment
- Experience with assessing/evaluating mission critical hardware
- Experience in designing for reliability including RAM modeling and Monte Carlo simulation
- Well-versed in analysis methodologies to predict system performance against specifications and design definitions
- Experience with reliability test and evaluation of mission critical systems
- Ability to conduct TIMs/Investigations and document results in reports to provide management and customer with deeper insight into RAM issues.
- Skilled in written and oral communication and capable of daily direct customer interaction.
- Experience in assisting in developing solutions to a wide range of complex technical and programmatic problems.
- Periodic travel
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Active Security Clearance
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.