1765 Greensboro Station Place
Job Number: 81708
Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a Security Design Engineer for a contract position based in Washington D.C.
For more information, please contact Michael Bulmer at 407-902-2109 or send a resume to email@example.com.
- Conduct site surveys and security assessments of Legislative Branch grounds and facilities.
- Determine electronic and physical security requirements for new construction and renovation projects.
- Determine electronic and physical security requirements based upon client requirements or assessments conducted by others.
- Design and engineer complex computer-based electronic security systems.
- Review construction documents for physical and electronic security implications.
- Prepare project documents, scopes of work, and engineering specifications for physical and electronic security projects.
- Prepare, track, and update project schedules using scheduling software such as Microsoft Project.
- Prepare project-engineering drawings using AutoCAD or Micro Station.
- Coordinate support from the Office of the Architect of the Capitol.
- Assist in the development of physical and electronic security standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections of contract work (performed by others).
- Develop cost estimates for electronic and physical security projects.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Minimum five years of experience in electronic and physical security systems engineering and project management.
- Minimum three years of experience providing electronic and physical security system expertise for a large federal Government facility.
- Minimum three years of experience managing physical and electronic security projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint equivalent to intermediate level certification.
- Electronics knowledge sufficient to read and develop electronic security system schematics and trouble shoot electronic security systems.
- Knowledge of computer networking equivalent to Cisco’ s Networking Fundamentals Version 4.0.
- Proficiency with electronic and networking troubleshooting tools such as an OTDR, light source and power meter, multi-meter, and oscilloscope.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2010/11 full version.
- Ability to write highly technical documents at the college level.
- Ability to read and interpret facility construction drawings.
- Familiarity with federal regulations governing the protection of facilities, personnel, classified information, and other assets.
- BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) or Data Center Design Consultant (DCDC).
- Minimum two years of experience in a security position in the Legislative Branch.
- Bachelor’ s degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Certified Protection Professional or Physical Security Professional certification or completion of a physical security course sponsored by a federal agency.
- Project Management Professional certification or completion of a project management certificate program at an accredited university.
- Confined space training and certification.
- Knowledge of wireless networking.
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies such as radio frequency
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.