8150 Sterling Court
Job Number: 77043
Loyal Source Direct Hire Division is hiring a vibrant, self-motivated Senior Planner who will be responsible for: managing complex planning projects; rewrites of land development codes; coordinating inter-disciplinary project teams; technical development; and client management and relations for an Ohio-based Engineering Consulting firm.
Our client supports their employees professional and personal growth, empowers them to work to their full potential, and leads by their core principles to drive their staff to excellence.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’ s Degree in Urban Planning or related field; or a strong combination of city planning, physical design, and public policy undergraduate and graduate level education
- Minimum 8 years of comprehensive planning and land development code writing experience for multiple jurisdictions at a consulting firm or public entity (consulting experience is preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices, and techniques of city and rural planning and zoning, and of Ohio planning and land use laws
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as land use, downtown revitalization, economic development, or urban design.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection
- Familiarity with urban planning graphics and mapping programs including GIS, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (working knowledge of programs is preferred)
- Supervisory experience is required. AICP Certification, preferred.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing and making public and client presentations and facilitating public meetings and workshops, generally at evening meetings
- Conducting research and preparing reports on land use, physical, social & economic issues
- Conducting review of development plans to determine conformity with client’ s local regulations
- Preparing expert opinions regarding development proposals, plan amendments, rezoning, and annexations on behalf of public or private clients
- Performing field inspections to gather data relevant to the project
- Writing proposals, developing budgets and schedules
- Engaging in client interactions
- Managing junior staff production time and mentoring/coaching junior staff
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Carlos Castillo at 407-591-3116 or firstname.lastname@example.org